Savory Salba Trail Mix
This easy and savory mix is perfect for road trips, vacations, or just to snack on with the whole family!
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of black ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce (tamari or amino acids if GF)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups of whole grain toasted oats
- 2 cups of whole wheat squares
- 1 16 oz of mixed nuts OR mix 16 oz of your own choice of nuts
- 1 cup of dried cranberries (optional) set aside and do not mix until everything is cooked
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Warm the oil in a small skillet (or large if you choose to bake mix in the skillet afterwards). Add turmeric, pepper and rosemary to the oil. Stir in Low sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos (use tamari if GF). Sprinkle in Worcestershire sauce; take oil off heat let it cool a little. Mix all the dry ingredients and pour oil over them in a large bowl. Add 3 Tbs of Salba Chia whole seeds and gently mix with hands to coat everything. Wash hands well, turmeric will stain clothing.
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet or into a very large skillet and roast on 300 for 20 minutes stirring 2 – 3 times during the process. Cool mix and add cranberries (optional). Store in an airtight container.