Kale and Walnut Pesto with Salba Chia Whole seeds
This pesto has a great earthy taste and it’s a little twist on your every day pesto. It’s perfect to spread on breakfast sandwiches, pizzas, veggie tacos and quesadillas.
- 1/2 lb or curly leave kale or tuscan kale, remove the rips and coarsely chop.
- 1/3 Cup chopped raw walnuts or almonds lightly toasted (optional for flavor)
- 2 large garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 tsp of Pink Himalayan salt
- grated zest and juice from one small lemon
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan (optional, if vegan just add a pinch more of salt)
- 1/3 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring large pot to a boil, add kale and briefly blanch for less than 1 minute. Drain and quickly plunge into cold or ice water to halt cooking. Drain well and tightly wrap in a kitchen towel or paper towel. Squeeze thoroughly to remove excess moisture.
- Place kale into a food processor, add, Salba Chia whole seeds, garlic, salt, nuts and lemon zest + juice. Blend until slightly chunky. Mix in Parmesan (or extra salt if making vegan) then gradually mix in olive oil until it’s as smooth as you would prefer.