Mango Chicken Curry
This vibrant dish is a twist on the classic curry, a perfect and easy way to shake things up.
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper (or preferred bell pepper)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbs of cumin
- 2 tbsp of fresh minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups of chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 1/2 cup of frozen mangos (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 in pieces (if vegetarian use baked tofu or portobello mushrooms instead don’t add until just before serving to heat all the way through)
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium. Add onions and cook until tender and translucent. Add bell pepper, garlic, curry powder, ginger, cumin and cayenne. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar, broth and 1 cup of the frozen mango salt and pepper. bring mixture to a soft boil then lower the heat – simmer for 15 minutes
- Transfer mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Return the sauce into the skillet and add chicken pieces. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes until chicken is tender and cooked all the way through. Add the rest of the mango, lemon juice and coconut milk. Heat all the way through.
- Serve over cooked brown rice and garnish with Salba Chia whole seeds, cilantro and cashew pieces (or peanuts)