Salba Chia White Bean Balsamic Toasts are perfect for a light lunch. The basil white bean spread is similar to hummus and leftovers can be used to dip or spread on just about anything.
- 1 1/2 Cups of cooked or canned navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of fresh basil, plus extra for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 4 slices of whole grain bread, toasted
- 4 slices of tomatoes
- 4 slices of mozzarella (or shredded shown here)
- 2 Tbsp of Salba chia whole seeds
- Place beans, oil, basil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper in food processor or blender container and blend until just slightly chunky
- In a small saucepan, simmer vinegar and honey over medium heat, uncovered, until syrupy and reduced down (about 5 minutes).
- Spread bean-basil mix onto toasts and top with a slice of tomato and cheese. Drizzle on balsamic syrup and garnish with fresh basil.
- ** Feel free to melt the cheese as I did in the broiler for 1 – 2 minutes but keep a close eye not to let it burn**
- Sprinkle the toasts with Salba Chia Seeds